Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pickle Moochim - (오이 무침)

The hot summer days have been making me crave cold pickles. I made two kinds today. Let's start with the pickle moo-chim first.



I used three Korean pickles today. I think this kind of pickle can be found at any Korean market, but you can use regular pickles if that's all you can find. I just prefer these because the skin is less bitter. I peeled off only half the skin because I like to leave some color and the skin on these pickles tastes GOOD too.



To make my life easier, I just use my trusty mandolin to slice the pickles into thin slices.



Then I sprinkled some salt over it and mixed it around and let it sit there. After about 15 minutes or so, I gave it a thorough washing and let the water drain out.



Then I added 1tb red pepper powder, 1/2 tb minced garlic, 1 tb sesame seeds, 1/2 tb sesame oil, 2 tb vinegar, 1 tb sugar, 1/2 tb salt, and a handful of green onions.



Mix it well and then chill in the fridge overnight and serve. It's the perfect banchan for this summer heat!

2 comments:

  1. just jotted down the recipe and i'm going to make it tonight! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i noticed theres a lot of liquid that forms while it's getting chilled in the fridge. Do I drain out the extra juice? If not, won't it make the cucumbers soggy?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share