Monday, June 23, 2008

Ssam Jang - (쌈장)

Part two of dinner tonight involved the galbi I marinaded yesterday. I wanted to eat it with some homemade ssam jang.



I use 1 Korean pepper (a jalapeno will do too), 1/4 onion, handful of garlic cloves, and some green onions.



I was running low on gochujang, so I decided to recycle the container and I added approximately 2x as much dwenjang (soy bean paste) to it. Let's just say about 3 tb of gochujang and 6 tb of dwenjang.



Then add a couple fistfuls of green onions and chop up the garlic and add that also.



I also chopped the onion and green pepper and threw that in there.



Mix everything together.



Add a splash of sesame oil, about 1 tb of corn syrup, and 2 tb of sesame seeds (not pictured).



You're finished! So easy, huh?



I grilled the galbi from yesterday on our George Foreman and then cut it up into bite size pieces.



I love ssam bap! Red leaf lettuce, galbi, rice, and ssam jang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share