Sunday, August 3, 2008

Boolgogi Jungol - (불고기 전골)

First, you will need some boolgogi. Pick one or the other.



Get 2 cups of water, add some anchovy/dashima and 1/2 TB of minced garlic and bring it to a boil



Meanwhile, prep your vegetables. You can use whatever YOU want. I chose to add shitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, and large green onions. You can add carrots, cabbage, etc.



Add about 2 cups of boolgogi (cut it up into smaller pieces) and some dak-myun (glass noodles) and bring this to a boil for about 5 minutes.



A lot of gunk will start rising to the top, so use a sifter to get it all out.



First add the onions, green onions, and jalapeno.



Then I added about 2 TB of gook ganjang and 1 TB of sugar.



Add your mushrooms next.



Finally top it off with some green onions and you're ready to enjoy!



We enjoyed it with some yulmoo kimchi from the other day. It definitely came out 100x better than the last time. =)

6 comments:

  1. o yes! perfect timing~ im making ur bulgogi tonight so ill be making this jungol tomorro =) we went to the k-market & bought all the ingredients for like ALL ur recipes =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this made with marinated bulgogi or just the bulgogi meat (sorry if I sound so clueless =P). I also had another question.. I made the dongeurangddeng but it went bad the next day. I let it cool completely uncovered before I refrigerated it. Was I not supposed to do that? Is it okay to put hot foods in tupperware and refrigerate or freeze it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mrs. O - You should use marinaded boolgogi. =) As for why the ddengs went bad so fast......I have NO idea. i refrigerated mine and it was fine for a couple of days. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband says its because things grow on them in the short period I leave them out before I refrigerate them. I think thats absurd.. If I immediately refrigerate things that are hot..wouldn't it harm the cold things already in the fridge? Is that crazy? lol i feel so clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mrs.O - There’s nothing wrong with letting food cool in the kitchen for a half hour or so before putting it in the fridge if you want to conserve energy. (Refrigerating warmer food means your icebox has to work harder to maintain its chill.) But the longer food is left out at room temperature, “the greater the chance of bacteria multiplying and growing,” says Dr. Carl Winter, a food toxicologist and director of the food safety program at the University of California–Davis. Sinister bugs such as salmonella, campylobacter, and E. coli all grow much faster at room temperature than in a cool environment. - i got that off the internet~ =) hope that helps!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. SCORE! 1, I have all these items and 2. Dinner tonight is gonna be yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share