Friday, August 29, 2008

Hobak Jun - Korean Squash Pancake - (호박전)

Needed:

  • 1 whole squash
  • 1 small potato
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 cup Korean pancake batter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TB minced garlic
  • splash of sesame oil
  • salt and pepper


_MG_8148
First get your vegetables ready. I only had 1/2 a squash left, but I suggest you use a whole squash because my juns today ended up barely tasting of squash.


_MG_8150

_MG_8156
Use a mandolin to shred all your veggies. Try and get about 2 cups of squash with 1 cup of potatoes and onions each.


_MG_8152

_MG_8154
Get 1 cup of pancake mix, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of water and mix it well.


_MG_8158
Add all your vegetables to the mix with 1 TB garlic, 1 TB sesame oil, and a dash of pepper.


_MG_8162
Mix everything well and you're ready to grill...


_MG_8164
Grease a pan up and heat it and then make smaller sized pancakes like so and brown on both sides...


_MG_8165
Fry until golden on both sides...


_MG_8166
And you're ready to serve!

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night and it was so good. It reminded me of when I was little. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share