Sunday, August 24, 2008

Filet Mignon Marinaded in a Teriyaki/Pineapple Sauce

This is probably the easiest thing you can ever make. It's not really even a recipe because you're going to be using pre-made sauce, but I assure you it will make your taste buds happy. =P



Now, obviously if you're not feeding that many people...you do not need THIS much meat. I always go to Costco to purchase filet mignon because it's very economical. =P This was enough to feed 6 adults and there were leftovers.



And here's what you need. Lawry's Teriyaki sauce (always available at my local Ralphs) and some crushed pineapple. I used two bottles because of the amount of beef I had, but you can use only one bottle if you have less beef.



Pour the two bottles of sauce, one can of crushed pineapple (half if you're using 1 bottle), and 1 TB minced garlic into a big bowl.



Then begin to prep your beef. I like adding little slits like so. I know some carnivores out there disagree with this method, but this is just my preference.



Then season it liberally with some seasoned salt, lemon salt, garlic salt, regular salt, and pepper. Seems like a lot huh? Trust me, it's not~



Coat each piece of beef thoroughly....



And let it marinate overnight. Make sure to grill it on the BBQ grill because it will taste MUCH better that way. If you want it well done, then just pop it into the oven for about 20 minutes after searing it on both sides on the grill. I don't have a picture of the finished product because we were all too busy eating. =P Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, can't wait for this one! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Filet Mignon!! This is a great blog with so many korean recipes!! We might be "borrowing" some to try at our home! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to comment on this becuase I tasted this and it was so GOOD!! Now Im planning on making this too~ :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh yum. i have a pair for frozen steaks in the freezer right now...i think i'm gonna try this! thanks.

    parkleeh

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple! But sounds great! I'm going to have to try this out next time we grill up steaks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm that's good. My husband likes his filet rare with nothing on it! But this looks really good. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this looks delish! we had friends over this weekend for dinner and we grilled those same filet mignons from costco....however your recipe sure beats mine.
    this is next on my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share