Friday, August 1, 2008

Hwe Dup Bap - Rice mixed with Sashimi - (회덥밥)

This isn't really a recipe, but more like a 'how-to' assemble hwe dup bap.



Begin by cutting some fresh sashimi into bite size pieces. Set it aside (inside the fridge) until you need it.



Make some chogochujang sauce. It's 6 TB red pepper paste, 1.5 TB sugar, 2.5 TB vinegar and some sesame seeds. (You can even add a splash of 7up to make it a little sweeter).



Get some greens and wash and cut it up into small pieces. I used radish sprouts, perilla leaves, and red leaf lettuce.



Get a cup of rice and let it cool down. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and then drizzle some sesame oil on it.



Arrange your greens on top like so....



Add the cut-up sashimi and then add as much red pepper sauce as you can take. (I added about 3 TB)



Mix it around well and then you're ready to eat! If you have some masago caviar (those orange fish eggs) add that too. I ran out today. =(



This was perfect for the heat today. =) Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. oh yuuuummmy goodness. i am so craving this right now. must have it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you posted this. I tried to make this at the beginning of the summer on my own, but i guess i messed up the chogochujang sauce. my hubby was complaining...so picky! Thanks I will try it again using this "tutorial"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I love sashimi and I love that you cooked this meal aaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share