Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BooChoo Jun – 부추 전

This past weekend was definitely a much needed break for our family.  We spent *every* single day together out and about and doing something or another.  I already mentioned in my previous post that we stocked up on groceries.  While at the store, they were having a *sale* on boo-choo (Korean chives), so I decided to stock up and make some jun/jeon.

I washed and cleaned THREE bunches of boochoo.  I used one bunch for the moo che and had TWO bunches leftover so I decided to make some boochoo jun.

 

Ingredients Needed:

  • 2 bunches of boochoo
  • 3/4 cup water, 1 CUP Korean Pancake mix
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • 2 red peppers
  • 1/4 cup julienne carrots and 1/4 sliced small onion
  • PAM cooking spray



IMG_4193 
Start off by washing and drying two bunches of boochoo!


IMG_4195 
I cut it all up into about one inch pieces.  It’s inside the tupperware because I had cut it up the previous night!

 


IMG_4197  
Measure about 1 CUP of Korean Pancake mix…



IMG_4276  
Add roughly a cup of water.



IMG_4277 
Make sure you mix it really well before adding the vegetables. 



IMG_4278  
Add some carrots and onions if you like.  If you don’t have it, don’t worry about it!

 

IMG_4279  
Then throw in the two bunches of boochoo and season it a little with a dash of salt and pepper.



IMG_4280  
Mix it all around!



IMG_4282 
Cut up some red peppers.


IMG_4281 
Grease a large pan and put down about 1/4 cup of jun.  Put in as many *juns* as you can fit into your pan.  Place a piece of red pepper on top in the middle…



IMG_4283 
…and then flip it over to make sure you get both sides!



IMG_4293  
Tada!  You’re all done.  I know this recipe has very little pancake mix.  I tend to make it this way because I like the rich flavor of the boochoo.  You can easily add more mix and water to get it more *pancake* like.



IMG_4302 
ENJOY!  The MR devoured each and every one of them.  I’m so happy I married a man that knows how to eat!  =)  Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

2 comments:

  1. yumm i love boochoo jun! i will try this recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u know how to make boochoo mandoo by any chance? i ate that in l.a & it was sooo good

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share