Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moo Cheh - Seasoned Daikon Radish - (무채)

Needed:
  • 1 lb. daikon radish
  • 1/2 cup chives
  • 1/2 cup green onions
  • 1/4 thin sliced Asian pear
  • seasonings: 2½ TB red pepper powder, ¼ TB ginger powder, ¾ TB minced garlic, 1 TB honey powder, 2 TB vinegar, 1 TB shrimp jut, 1 TB sesame oil


First wash and peel about 1lb. of moo. Use a mandolin to shred it into thin strips.



Throw a generous amount of salt and let it sit in water for about 30 minutes.



Rinse it clean under running water and let all the excess liquid drain out.



Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the chives.



I had some left over Asian pear from making galbi jjim tonight so I chopped it up and added that as well.



Then season it with 2½ TB red pepper powder, ¼ TB ginger powder, ¾ TB minced garlic, 1 TB honey powder, 2 TB vinegar, 1 TB shrimp jut, 1 TB sesame oil and mix it around really well with a gloved hand.



Finally throw in some green onions and mix it up some more...



...then transfer it to a storage container and let it sit for a few days before serving. All done! I'm going to make bossam later this week to be enjoyed with this moo cheh. =)

4 comments:

  1. this is one of my FAV banchans! i never made it w/chives though, just scallions. i'm gonna add the chives next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks refreshing, esp for summer. too bad i cannot eat it though since i am taking hanyak. i will make some for my hubby though. i really appreciate these recipes! most of the recipes i look up are on korean websites so it takes me a while to get everything together :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make this this week. However I live 2 hrs away from the Korean grocery store! and I forgot to buy the shrimp jut...can I make it without the shrimp jut? Will it taste awful without?
    Btw, I love your site. I visit it everyday looking for recipes. I'm half-korean and I love learning how to cook korean food for my american husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waa ! i'm looking 4 dis 4 a very long time..but its hard to make it in m'sia coz sometimes we cant find d ingredients..-.-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share