Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nakji Bokeum with Sari - Stir fry Octopus with Noodles - (낙찌 볶음 와 살리)

I only used 1 octopus for the jungol yesterday, so I had 1 left to make nakji bokeum with today. I precut most of my vegetables last night while making the jungol, so dinner today was a breeze!

Needed:
  • 1 octopus (If you're using more, just double my sauce recipe below)
  • vegetables - I used cabbage, onions, carrots, and mushrooms tonight. (you can use onions, carrots, peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, squash, or anything else you might happen to have in your refrigerator)
  • sauce: 1.5 TB red pepper powder, 1/2 TB sugar, 1/2 gook ganjang, 1/2 TB soy sauce, 1 TB red pepper powder, 1/2 TB rice wine, dash of pepper, 1/4 TB of minced garlic, 1/4 TB minced ginger, 1 TB sesame seeds, 1/2 TB sesame oil NOTE: If you're cooking 2-3 octopus, you can double the sauce mixture and it will be fine.


Throw a splash of cooking oil into a pan and add your vegetables first. Stir fry them for a while...



Then throw in all the sauce mixture noted above and mix it around well.



This is the nakji I left over from last night. It has been cleaned with salt, cut and blanched in hot water to rid of extra juices and smell.



Throw in the nakji and mix around until all the remaining juices from the nakji releases into the bokeum.



And then you're DONE! You would be surprised how much liquid still escapes into your bokeum even though it's been blanched.



In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and add your noodles. I only used ONE bunch of noodles tonight because I only had 1 octopus.



The noodles cook pretty fast, so keep an eye out (you can substitute for udon noodles if you prefer). Afterwards drain and set aside.



I placed the cooked nakji bokeum into a plate with a hollow center.



Then I plated the noodles in the middle.....



....and finished it off by drizzling some of the sauce on top. Enjoy~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share