Friday, February 4, 2011

Andong Jjim Dak–Andong-Style Chicken

 

While in Korea, my cousin made a delicious chicken recipe for me that I immediately asked her about.  Of course she didn’t give me exact measurements, but I copied her dish to the best of my abilities and I think it came out pretty well.  I have to admit though that my cousin’s tasted better.  Maybe it’s just me, but I always prefer someone ELSE’S cooking to my own.  =P

IMG_4278
Although I had half a defrosted chicken in my fridge, I felt a bit unsure about using it since it had been in my fridge a few days.  =/  So I threw it out and went about bought some chicken today.  Better safe than Salmonella.  =P

 

IMG_4279
First, give your chicken a nice bath.  I used four drumsticks and three boneless thighs.  This was enough to feed two kids and two adults.

IMG_4280
In the pot, add the following:  1 CUP water, 1/3 CUP soy sauce, 3 TB minced garlic, 1 TB oyster sauce, 1 TB honey powder, 1 TB brown sugar, 3 TB rice wine, 1/2 TB of sesame oil, dash of ginger powder, and a dash of pepper.



IMG_4281
Grab some jujubes.



IMG_4283
Throw in the dates once the water starts to boil…


IMG_4284
I had some dried red peppers so I added those as well.


IMG_4285IMG_4286
Meanwhile, get some glass noodles ready.


IMG_4287
I also added some green and red peppers.


IMG_4288
Add some dae-pa (large green onions).


IMG_4289
Add some onions and potatoes.


IMG_4290
Let everything cook for about 20 minutes…


IMG_4293
And then add the glass noodles and let it cook until the noodles are done.


IMG_4295
As soon as the potatoes and noodles are done – you’re ready to serve!


IMG_4296
Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Hi there , i love your blog your recipes are so informative and this looks too delicious! I have a question about this recipe , can it be made using cubed boneless , skinless chicken breast? Im not a fan of dark meat . If not , is it ok if the drumsticks are skinless or will it be too dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this sounds delicious! I love Korean food, and sweet potato noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.facebook.com/KoreanFoodMarketplace

    I have many information about Korean food !
    Why don’t you visit my FB page ?
    I want to share good information with you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, that looks so delicious!!!! It's great to meet other Kbloggers. I would love it if you could visit my blog too, and give a senior's tips? http://ellacino.blogspot.com/

    Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a very Detailed instructions. Beautiful dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe sounds n look s delicious..thanks a lot for sharing this authentic recipe..will try it in my home. How much time does it need to complete..?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe sounds n look s delicious..thanks a lot for sharing this authentic recipe..will try it in my home. How much time does it need to complete..?

    ReplyDelete
  8. woww.. im a big fan of this.. color is too tempting... you wr my inspiration to start a blog of my own.. i just celebrated my sec blog anniversary.. bt still i remember the fst day i found ur blog.. 13hours i spent in ur blog and after that daily i wl search recipes and wl try in my kitchen :) This recipe is also very intersting bookmarked !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow…..its looks beautiful and too tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you cook the glass noodles first or just rinse it? The glass noodles pictured above looked like you just threw in dry ones. :) I always seem to get the noodles wrong when it comes to these types of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's only 7:15a and i am drooooling over this dish. looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this tonight, it was so delicious and such a crowd pleaser! The hubby called me a goddess :) Of course, the credit is yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share