Saturday, October 11, 2008

Teriyaki Sesame Chicken - (태리야끼 닯날개)

Sorry for the delay! I've finally updated and posted the step by step for the teriyaki chicken I made earlier this week. Here's what you need:
  • 1.5 LBS of chicken drumettes
  • 1/2 CUP soy sauce, 1/2 CUP water, 5 TB sugar, 3 TB honey powder, 1 TB sesame oil, 2 TB rice wine, 2 TB corn starch
  • 3 TB sesame seeds         

_MG_9586
First wash and clean about 1.5 LBS of chicken.


_MG_9587
In a cup mix the following together:
  • 1/2 CUP soy sauce
  • 1/2 CUP water
  • 5 TB sugar
  • 3 TB honey powder
  • 1 TB sesame oil
  • 2 TB rice wine
  • 2 TB corn starch

_MG_9588
Mix the chicken with the sauce thoroughly and let it sit for about 15 minutes.


_MG_9590
Throw the chicken and sauce into a pot and turn up the heat.


_MG_9593
This is a picture about 15 minutes later...


_MG_9594
Continue to boil on medium heat. This is what it should look like about 25 minutes later...


_MG_9595
Keep boiling and making sure to stir it around for about 45 minutes total until most of the liquid is gone and it thickens into a teriyaki sauce.


_MG_9598
Throw some sesame seeds on top...


_MG_9540
Mix it around and you're ready to serve!


_MG_9597
This was Munchkin's dinner.

10 comments:

  1. yummmmy! i have to try this one so can't wait for the detailed recipe! approximately how many pounds of chicken did you use for this? i might make this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sooki - I just used one package of the chicken drummettes sold at the K-market. I didn't note the weight, but I would say about 12 pieces of the drummettes roughly? Maybe about 1 lb...

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you take a picture of honey poweder? where do you get it?
    p.s. i LOVE all your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^if you go to my Korean Cooking 101 section at the left there's a picture of all the most commonly used ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks out of this world. Can you substitute the honey powder with actual honey or should I invest in some honey powder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @annie - i'm sure you can just use honey, though i've never tried that. i've skipped honey powder and used sugar instead and it was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a guestion, did you use low sodium soy sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made this in December and for some reason it was very salty . . . I checked and double check everything (maybe I did something wrong).

    I know in the Dak Doritang - Korean Style Chicken with Potatoes recipe (which I have also tried) you did a 2.5 parts water to every 1 part soy sauce. However for this you did 1/2 water & 1/2 soy sauce.

    Family still ate it, but I have to try it again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made this. It's really good. I love your blog and all the recipes you put up with pictures because it helps a beginner cook like me. I also tried your bulgogi recipe. It came out soo good! My husband said it tastes better than the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share